Thursday, March 5, 2015

**RDB** Life to my Flight ~ Heroes of The Dixie Wardens MC ~ Lani Lynn Vale

Title: Life To My Flight
Series: The Heroes of The Dixie Wardens MC #4
Author: Lani Lynn Vale
Genre: Adult, Motorcycle Club Romance
Release Date: March 5, 2015
Photographer: FuriousFotog (Golden Czermak)
Cover Model: Nick Bennett
You’re The Life

Cleo’s a Pararescueman for the U.S. Air Force. When a PJ is called, it’s because everyone else has said no. It’s one of the most dangerous jobs in the entire military, but also one of the most rewarding. It’s the reason he doesn't form relationships. He’s seen his teammates divorce one by one, and he doesn't want to do that to a woman. Especially one that he’s supposed to love. However, nowhere in his grand scheme did he plan for the force that was Rue.

To My

Rue’s life has been rough. What she needs is a break. One that’ll distract her from the fact that she’s drowning in responsibility. It comes in the form of a dark and dangerous biker who has a habit of putting his life on the line. He gives her the world, and she holds on with both hands, knowing that he only wants to be friends. Or does he?

Flight

Thinking she knows what’s best, she pushes him too far, causing his control to take flight, and Cleo to disappear before the dust settles. One night of passion turns into a year of heartbreak as Rue tries to find the ability to move on from Cleo. He was pretty clear with his wishes, and they didn't include her.

Cleo’s not through with Rue, though. Not even a little bit. She’ll be his. All it’ll take is a little bit of…persuasion.


Life To My Flight Excerpt © Lani Lynn Vale 2015

“Cleo...I
don’t have any kids.  That kid is Cody’s
baby,” she yelled back.
“Cody’s
baby?” I asked, confused.
Hadn’t I
heard from Silas that Cody was gay?
She raised
her eyebrows up.  “Yeah, they went to
Egypt just a few months ago and adopted her.”
That
stopped me in my tracks.
Then I
felt immensely stupid.  “Fuck, I’m
sorry.  I shouldn’t have come over this
morning.  I had a bad night, and I just
jumped to conclusions.  I just wanted to
see you.”
She
blinked, surprised at my apology.
“It’s okay,”
she said softly.  “But maybe you should
go home.  Come back some time when you’re
thinking clearly.”
“I...I
don’t want to go home,” I admitted.
“Why?” She
asked. “What happened?”
I sat down
on the edge of her couch and let my head fall into my hands.  “I had two patients die last night.  Two separate accidents, but no less severe
than the other.  One was a two year old
who’d touched a live wire that had fallen in her backyard.  The other was a young girl who suffered third
degree burns in a motor vehicle accident.”
Both cases
were still just as fresh in my brain as they were four and a half hours ago
when they’d happened one after the other.
“I’m sorry
to hear that, Cleo,” she said softly.
“But, that still doesn’t help me answer why you’re here at all.  You left me, remember?  Why now?
Why, when I just got my life back in order?  Do you know how long it’s been since I cried
through the night?  Two goddamn
weeks.  Then one freaking look at you,
and it’s all right there again.  I can
feel everything.  It’s tearing me apart,”
she whispered with tears filling her voice.
Her head
fell, hiding her face so I didn’t see the tears.
I
swallowed thickly.
“I didn’t
want to die and leave you alone,” I rasped.
She
finally looked up, giving me her tear stained blue eyes.
“I
would’ve followed you anywhere.  Done
anything for you.  All you had to do was
tell me what to do.  I would’ve waited.  I would’ve been able to live my life knowing
you’d be coming back to me…if you were able,” she cried.
I closed
my eyes.  The pain and terror that had
grown for the past year all compounded to that final moment.  The exact instant in time that I knew I had
to get out.
“I almost
died over there,” I grated.  “The only
thing that kept me alive was knowing you were here for me to come back to
you.  Whether you thought that you were
mine or not, I was always yours. And I always will be.”
Her quiet
crying turned to a giant sob, and I gathered her into my arms, burying my face
into her neck.
“What will
it take for you to give me a chance?” I asked.
My heart
froze in my chest, and then started to pound double time.
“I’ll give
you anything.  Everything.  You want me to quit, I’ll do it.  You want me to leave the MC, I’ll do it.  It’ll hurt, but I’ll do it.  Just give me a chance.  You don’t have to decide anything right
now.  But just let me spend some time
with you.  I’ll prove to you I’ve
changed.  I won’t freak out, I promise,”
I pleaded.
She
listened to my explanation, and I could tell it wasn’t enough by the dead in
her eyes.
“I
can’t.  I just can’t,” she said and
stepped away.  “You can hang with me
tonight, but after that, I want you to leave me alone.”
“But
you’ll give me tonight?” I asked.


She
nodded.  “I’ll give you tonight.”






I’m a married mother of three. My kids are all under 5, so I can assure you that they are a handful. I’ve been with my paramedic husband now for ten years, and we’ve produced three offspring that are nothing like us. I live in the greatest state in the world, Texas.



HOSTED BY:

No comments:

Post a Comment