Thursday, November 13, 2014

**Review** Branded ~ Strand Brothers ~ Lora Ann







Some choices are simple, some are hard, and some leave a brand.

One unforgettable night at a masquerade changes it all.

Mogul Nik Strand is all too familiar with the curve balls life likes to throw. Believing his soul can never be restored, he covers his pain and heartbreak with money. The more the better—as his heart is nothing but ice.

Aimee Taylor makes a decision that will haunt her forever. Unfortunately life doesn’t come with a do over; therefore, she makes the best out of what she has.

An unforeseen circumstance brings these two together again, even though, neither can explain how or why the other seems so familiar. As love tries to heal this wounded couple, a common adversary seeks to destroy.

Please note: This book has strong language, violence, and sexual content. Not intended for readers under the age of 18.















Nik

We entered the penthouse, and I immediately led her towards one of the spare bedrooms. It was a crucial error on my end. How did I expect myself not to touch her when she was under the same roof? The smell of her lured me to her side. As I opened the door for her, I informed, “You can sleep here in the guestroom.” She was so weary I wasn’t sure she’d make it to the bed. When she stumbled over her own two feet, I clutched her elbow to keep her from faceplanting onto the floor. My God, she was beautiful. I had to divert my gaze before I did something impetuous.

Her eyes were heavy as she curled up under the covers. As I turned off the lamp on the nightstand, she grabbed my hand. “Stay. Please?” she slurred.

Oh, hell no. I did not have the strength for that. I brushed my fingertips along her cheekbone. “I’ll be right here, little one,” I reassured. “I’m not going anywhere. Rest, now.”

She mumbled, something like, “Only one man has ever called me ‘little one.’ ”

I smiled and whispered, “Sleep sweet.” I shut the door, not quite understanding why she had shared that information. She’s very tired and probably has no idea she said it, I chastised myself mentally. A woman like her should be loved and cherished, not debased and ignored, which was exactly what would happen if I gave into my impulses. I could not have a functioning relationship with a woman. I knew that. I was fully aware of my failures, and how much I was capable of hurting her. My past alone was enough to make any woman run, screaming.


What would you do if you found out your dad was ill, needing treatment that he couldn’t afford and you were the only one to help with the bills? Would you put your own dreams on hold to make that possible? That is what Aimee Taylor did. Though some may call her methods a bit unorthodox, she did what she felt she must do to help her dad survive. Along the way, she meets a mysterious man at a masquerade party where she is also to meet her new employers.

Five years later, and her life went down a path she hadn’t planned, but her dad is alive and well and she is wondering how to get out of a mess that seems to have no good answer. Along comes Nik Strand, who seems so familiar. See where this is going?

Nik Strand, a tortured soul from a past that keeps him in a self-imposed prison, doesn’t want a relationship, but he is a protective person when it comes to the situation he finds Aimee in, so he will do what it takes to protect her. AND for some reason, she seems so familiar…

As you can imagine, Nik is one tall, sexy, Nordic alpha male. *sigh* Muscles out to ==here== and hair long enough to run your fingers through. *OMG* You will melt just reading about this sexy beast. Then there are his two sexy brothers, Aimee is surrounded by loads of testosterone! Be still my heart!

Aimee is one sexy siren and she knows how to use it. As much as Nik tries to resist, he just can’t stay away from her. So here is where his heart’s dilemma begins to weigh on him, but his first priority is Aimee’s safety; although she sometimes fights his overbearing ways to do so.

Lora Ann has a good writing style. She always keeps your interest. While there is plenty of heat in this book, she isn’t overly graphic in the sex scenes, but you get enough to warm you up a little. There is some mystery and intrigue, good and bad guys, not just love and sex going on in this book. There is a little bit of everything to keep your mind going and wanting more to keep reading.

While there is no cliffhanger, I am ready for the next book soon-to-be released about the next Strand brother, Even. Oh yes, this one should be good. Let’s just say Even has a little more kink but oh, so, yummy side to him. *wink* A 5 star read! KCW





Lora is a Missouri native who relocated to California as a teen. She spent several years as an international flight attendant for a major airline, before taking on her greatest job ever, a stay-at-home mom. Now she resides in Kentucky with her family, and has taken on her newest adventure, writing.









No comments:

Post a Comment