Monday, February 2, 2015

**Promo Blitz ** Mending Scars ~ Nikki Narvaez

Mending Scars by Nikki Narvaez Promo Blitz –
January 26th – February 6th
Book Details:
Title: Mending Scars (The Scars of Us Book #2)
Author: Nikki Narvaez
Genre: NA, Contemporary Romance
Release Day: October 31, 2014  
  
Even though Kaleb is out of Kaiya's life, the scars he left behind remain a constant reminder of the pain he subjected her to for most of her life. Still tormented by those old demons, and plagued by the events of that traumatic night, Kaiya has more to deal with as she moves forward in her relationship with Ryker.

Ryker's past continues to haunt him when something unexpected flips his and Kaiya's lives upside down. Neither are prepared for what's to come.
What happens when the past refuses to stay buried?

Will love continue to be enough to overcome the obstacles they'll face, or are their scars too severe to mend?

Disclaimer: 18+ for explicit sexual situations and some sensitive subject matter




Title: The Scars of Us (The Scars of Us Book #1)
Author: Nikki Narvaez
Genre: NA, Contemporary Romance



Kaiya Marlow has always been cautious, precise in every decision she makes. When her dark past threatens to resurface, she decides to take precautions to protect herself by enrolling in self-defense classes at her gym.

Her instructor, Ryker Campbell, is the tattooed womanizer everyone warns about. Kaiya attempts to resist Ryker's advances, but the more time they spend training together, the harder it is for Kaiya to resist him.

Ryker's view on relationships is simple: strictly sex, nothing more. Haunted by demons from his past, he never allows himself to become attached to any woman. No attachment means no weakness, no vulnerability, no pain. He doesn't realize that his whole world is about to be turned upside down when Kaiya enters his self-defense class. Determined to have her, at least for one night, Ryker sets a plan into motion that will change both of their lives forever.

Will love be able to heal their scars, or are they too deep to overcome?

Disclaimer: 18+ for explicit sexual situations and some sensitive subject matter 


GUEST POST

What inspired you to write The Scars of Us series?

I wanted to write a darker, love story that had a twist that I'd never read before; I always try to make my stories as unique as possible, and I love when there's drama and angst that the characters overcome.

Top 5 things you didn’t know about becoming a published author:

  1. No matter how many bad reviews you get, you never get used to them – they hurt every time.
  2. I didn't realize how the author social scene is so much like high school with different cliques and gossip.
  3. That the process is relatively easy compared to what I thought before I published—I had no idea that people were able to self-publish their work; I thought you had to be picked up by a publishing house.
  4. Marketing and PR is totally exhausting.
  5. That social media is an absolute must if you are going to have any chance at success.




5 Reasons to love my main characters:

  1. They have big hearts.
  2. They each have unique personalities.
  3. They have great senses of humor—they make me laugh all the time.
  4. They're very relatable, each with their own flaws like everyday people.
  5. They think for themselves and learn from their mistakes.


5 facts about The Scars of Us series:

  1. I picked the title before developing the plot; usually I start writing or brainstorming ideas first, then pick a title.
  2. Ryker is based on fitness model Andrew England.
  3. I got the name Kaiya from my friend, who had recently had a baby named Kaiya.
  4. The idea for Scars came to me while I was taking a shower.
  5. I personally performed all the self-defense moves in both books, and actually took kickboxing and self-defense classes.


How do you make your characters believable?

I try to base them either on friends or people that I've met so that they're more realistic and relatable.


Authors you admire:

  1. Jasinda Wilder
  2. Jessica Sorenson
  3. Jennifer Armentrout

Five things you wouldn’t know about Nikki Narvaez

  1. I taught Pre-K and Kindergarten before I started writing.
  2. I'm an avid Texas Hold 'Em player, and play multiple nights per week.
  3. I was bitten by a diamondback rattlesnake and survived; doctors speculated that I lived only because it had bit something else before me.
  4. I've gotten over 40 hours of tattoo work done—I'm totally addicted.
  5. I went to Catholic school from Kindergarten through eight grade.




Playlists: Mending Scars - Mending Scars Embed Code:

   

 Scars of Us - The Scars of Us Embed Code

:
 
I am 28 years old and live in the great state of Texas. When I'm not writing, I'm either playing poker or reading. I have 2 dogs, Bella and Oreo, and a cat, Cupcake, who love to cuddle with me while I'm writing.


No comments:

Post a Comment