Monday, March 25, 2013

Seduction & Snacks by Tara Sivec

Seduction & Snacks
Chocolate Lovers #1

by: Tara Sivec 



Synopsis: Claire is a twenty-something, single mom that grudgingly helps her best friend sell sex toys while she attempts to make enough money to start her own business to give her foul-mouthed, but extremely loveable (when he's asleep) toddler a better life. 

When Carter, the one-night-stand from her past that changed her life forever, shows up in her hometown bar without any recollection of her besides her unique chocolate scent, Claire will make it a point that he remembers her this time. 

With Carter's undisguised shock at suddenly finding out he has a four-year-old son and Claire's panic that her stretch marks and slim to none bedroom experience will send the man of her dreams heading for the hills, the pair will do whatever they can to get their happily ever after.

Amy's Thougths: 

I knew when I picked this book and read the first chapter that I was going to be seriously entertained & I wasn't disappointed.

Claire is a girl who tells it straight. She has absolutely no filter at all, and it rubs off on her kiddo. 

She's a brilliantly developed MC who had me laughing from the first chapter. The girls at work, were looking at me like I was crazy, and seriously, my daughter was yelling at me to quit laughing and interrupting her cartoons. 

Gavin, oh dear sweet Gavin. He's amazing. And truly, I think the author has a 4 year old of her own to have gotten this 
character so perfect!

"Naps can suck it" - Gavin 

"Mommy don't feel good today and I have a big wiener!" - Gavin (seriously.. 4 yr olds say stuff like that!! HAHA)

Carter is awesome. He knows he screwed up with the one night stand, he's been looking for her and has never been able to find her. Carter is so well done, he's got a great head on his shoulders, and does what he needs to do. 

It was so refreshing to read a book that didn't have a bunch of seriously dark issues. Just a great classic comedic romance with a set of REAL MCs - they could have been anyone of us- with a set of real life problems, and a mouthy 4 year old. 


I truly enjoyed this book. Tara Sivec, you have a fan for life. 
Can't wait to read what you put out next.


No comments:

Post a Comment