Thursday, June 26, 2014

**Review** The Collar of Freedom ~ Alexandra I


Amelia Jones knows the truth; she lives and breathes it every day. The endless monotony of a loveless marriage, and years of domestic slavery stretch before her in minutes and hours that are destined to end in a mental breakdown.

Then Alexander Reeves walks through the door.

Her new boss is intriguing, charismatic and clearly driven by unspoken demons, and while Amelia knows she’s playing with fire, she’s relentlessly drawn to the man. Alexander is just as taken by her, but knows that giving into temptation can only end in disaster. When the couple succumb to a passionate, furious battle of the wills, Amelia is thrilled and afraid; Alexander’s erotic preferences are shocking to the uninitiated. The trouble is, wild as his life may seem, Amelia knows that he at least is living. Alexander may bring about her ruin, but he also holds the secret to her salvation, and Amelia prays she might be able to save him too.
Author: Alexandra I
Email address: alexandraiff@gmail.com
Genre: provocative romance / erotica
Date of release: May 29th ( "The Collar of Freedom Release" Party )

Here is the link of the goodreads page.
Facebook page: Alexandra I Author 





"My body is opening up and while my hips swerve on his desk, I am waiting, ready for penetration. But it’s not coming. My whole being is transgressing though his hand on my behind, one moment petting me and the next smacking me, and his raspy voice driving me mad.

“Oh, Amelia…the things I could do to you…”
He is restraining himself, I can feel it, and regarding him over my shoulder I want to scream ‘fuck me’ at him. Gyrating harder and harder over the desk I can sense my explosion coming and I know I am not thinking straight when I want him inside of me. Mounting the desk higher …I’m trembling.
“Please…..fuck me.” I don’t recognize my whining voice.
“Begging, Amelia?” His voice is dark, in control, but his panting is betraying him, he is as aroused as I am and enjoying me like this, feral and helpless.
“Yes…..please.”



Alexandra, a singing and dancing force not to be reckoned with, especially when she holds a microphone, is someone who imagined her life will be just like in the film 'Grease'. So she found her 'Danny', married him and right at this moment she is annoyed his car doesn't fly.

When she isn't glued to her trusty laptop creating magic, Alexandra prowls the pits of twitter ... find her there if you dare.


*****KATRINA'S REVIEW*****

I was given an ARC copy for an honest review. Honest is always what you will get from me, good, bad are in-between.
First, let me address an issue that I know will be controversial to some readers and I will give away a small spoiler in the process to alleviate some stress for potential readers. I hope Alexandra I (the author) can forgive me this one small spoiler. Yes, from the book description you can see Amelia is married and starts an affair, but, (AND HERE IS THE SPOILER) as you read, you will find her husband has had an affair before she did, plus much worse, so, please don’t let the affair keep you from reading it.
As I started reading this book, the first thing that hit me was how forceful and dominant Alexander was and how weak and submissive Amelia was, even though she had just met him. It was like she had no control over her own body. She would tell herself she wouldn’t do as he said, but her body would do it anyway. I was a bit upset, thinking, “I don’t like weak women in books, but the author’s writing is spot on, so I can’t really knock her writing.” But, as the book progressed, Amelia finally started gaining more control of herself and standing up to Alexander. It was as if the more she fell in love with him the stronger she became or maybe she was just more self-assured the more he fell in love with her. I am not sure which it was, because they both were so in love with each other. But, I do know as much as he wanted control as a Dominant, the more he gave her control as he came to love her. Not in all things of course, but he did give in to her on a lot of things, because of that love. But, he didn’t open up to her on his personal life all at once. It took people from his past trying to cause problems for them to make him open up and tell her about certain aspects of his past. As you can tell, this book is a BDSM book. It isn’t loaded with its elements, but it does have some in it and Alexander is a very sexy Dominant, alpha male who wants to love, command and protect Amelia.
Amelia is a mother first, while she falls in love with Alexander, she has to think of her twin boys firsand how changing their lives will affect them. What, when and if she should tell them about their father and his “sins;” about her and Alexander? The secondary characters all add to the story to help make this a very interesting book and kept the story moving along nicely. The places they visited were all very descriptive and you could see them in your mind’s eye very clearly. The author seemed as if she had visited these places herself. I am not sure if all of these places exist, but she sure made it sound as if they do. Believe me; it would be interesting to know if some of them do. (wink! wink!)
While the book was very descriptive in the *clears throat* sex scenes, and by that, I mean they were hot as hell, there were some very loving tender scenes as well. When their love started growing it was nice to see them just holding and comforting each other when one of them needed it, as well. Alexandra (not to be confused with the character Alexander) can write! I was very impressed with how the book flowed so well and how much time she took to get each scene just right so you could see and emotionally feel what was going on. 
The editing was very good too. I am looking forward to reading the next book in this series that is due in December. Thank goodness she didn’t leave us with a big cliffhanger. She left us in a good spot. Thank you for that, Alexandra. 
5 Stars!
Katrina CW

No comments:

Post a Comment