Wednesday, December 31, 2014

**BT** RIDING IT OUT ~ JENNIFER FOOR ~


Title: Riding it Out
Author: Jennifer Foor
Release Date: December 29, 2014
*****
One woman 

One man 

An empty bed and breakfast 

A summer storm 

One night they'll never forget - so they thought... 

When my aunt passed away and left me her dilapidated bed and breakfast it was all so surreal. I hadn't been back to that beach in many years, and the idea of revisiting left me sad and vulnerable. 

I never planned on having guests. In fact, I just wanted to close up the place and sell it, so that I could move on with my life. 

Then the storm happened. 

Taken by surprise, I planned on waiting for it to pass. The house creaked and the power went out. That's when someone knocked on the door. 

He was a stranger, dripping wet, cold, and looking for shelter. I couldn't turn him away... 

What happened next between us opened new doors, changing everything I thought I wanted for myself. 

The only question is if I can trust him, or will his secrets destroy it all?
*****
*****
Let me just first say, this book wasn’t at all what I was expecting…it was better. I was expecting a fluff book. It wasn’t! It went much deeper than that. There were some hard truths in this book; some hard times in this book. It wasn’t all just jump-in-the-bed sex and fun. 


This book finds one sexy, hard-headed, workaholic woman, who thinks she knows what she wants in life meeting one sex-on-a-stick retired marine searching for what he does want in life. At first you think it is going to be two people coming together for one night in a storm, but honey, the storm is just beginning. 



The story is told in two parts: The Storm, told from the view point of Erica, the heroine, and The Hurricane, told from the view point of Reed, the Hero. For the most part, the storm is mild until layers start being revealed and then “the hurricane” hits, and you need to hold on to your hearts. It isn’t the worst tear jerker, don’t get me wrong, but it will pull at your heart in more ways than one. 



I loved Jennifer’s writing-style. She was graphic enough in the sex scenes to give you what you want and it was good. She wasn’t afraid to “go there” in her writing. I like that in a writer. If you are going to write these kinds of books, have the nerve to “go there” and not go around it. I love a dirty talking man, and Reed delivered. Not overly so, but just right. 



Jennifer was able to make me feel the picturesque scenes of the beautiful house and beach but not so much that it bogged the story down. I am not reading a book like this for that, but I would like to be able to get a feel for the story. She got that just right. 



The secondary characters were perfectly placed, had character to add to the story and comic relief when needed. She did great on that. There were even some sad characters in there that added to and brought so much to the whole storyline. Good job, Jennifer. 



I highly recommend this book and look forward to reading more from this author. I have already recommended her to friends. 

5 stars.
*****

*****
Jennifer Foor is an award winning Contemporary Romance Author. She's best known for the Mitchell Family Series, which includes ten books. 


She is married with two children and spends most of her time behind a keyboard, writing stories that come from her heart. 

*****


*****

No comments:

Post a Comment