Thursday, April 2, 2015

**EXCLUSIVE BONUS SCENE** Keeping Her ~ Alexis Noelle

Julia Fisher was everything to me. I loved her and would have done anything for her. But the night she walked out of my life, after deciding I wasn't good enough for her, I got out of town as fast as I could.
After six years, I'm coming home.
Now I am going to make it my mission to rub everything she gave up in her face. No matter how much I still love her, I need to bury it deep inside me because she chose him.
Brian Evans broke my heart—shattered every piece of my soul when he left. He decided that I wasn't worth the wait.
Now he's back in town.
He is a constant reminder of the pain that I endured at his hands. I won’t let him break me again.
A lot can happen in six years. People move on, fall in love again, and forget about the pain from the past. Seeing his face, hearing his voice, brings me back to a time when things were simple and love was enough for us.
I can't let him know that a part of me still loves him.
Now that they are brought face to face again, will they destroy each once more or will they discover that things aren't always what they seem? Are some bonds unbreakable? Are some people worth losing everything you have?



Keeping Her
Barnes and Noble - http://bit.ly/1wPwhxg
Goodreads - http://bit.ly/1H72TmX









I love this book. I will admit, this is the first time I've sat down and read one of Alexis' novels. I have all the others, I just haven't been able to read them yet. Keeping Her has grabbed onto me and kicked me in the ass. 

Brian & Jules story was a breath taking, thrilling ride. A collision course of miss communication caused years of heart ache on both sides. It's only after Brian comes back to town a different man than he was when he left, is he able to clear the air with the one woman who has always held his heart.

Jules is happy. Why oh why did he have to come back after all these years and dredge up old wounds? As worlds collide, secrets are exposed from all sides. Jules has to decide whether to risk everything or stay in her safety zone. 

Alexis Noelle kept me guessing throughout this whole story line. You can ask her, I was messaging her with a question here and a question there. I was never satisfied. Until I reached the end and all was exposed. She did a fantastic job of demanding my attention and letting me go until the end. If you haven't checked this one out, do yourself a favor. Click that buy link now. You won't regret it.  

 Brian
As I walk across the street, the tension in my body rises. My muscles are so tight that it feels like they might snap at any time. I can’t believe that he would even think about hurting her. He has never deserved her, not as a friend and sure as fuck not as a wife.
When I saw his car pull into the driveway, I headed straight for him and I’m lucky that the garage light is on and I don’t need to follow him into the house. I open the door and see him bent over unlocking what looks like might be a safe.
His body is shaded by the lack of light but he stands when he hears the door shut behind me. At first he seems as if he is shocked to see me here, then he smiles. It’s one of those eerie smiles that send chills straight to your bones.
“What are you doing here, asshole?” His tone is gravely with a hint of humor behind it. Almost as if he is laughing at a joke that I don’t understand.
“I know what you have been up to, fucker, and there is no way in hell I will let you hurt her.” My voice is rigid as I try to maintain the little control I have.
Dan pauses a minute before letting out a chuckle. “So you figured it out, huh? Well congratu-fucking-lations. There isn’t shit that you’re going to be able to do to stop me.” He raises his hand and that’s when I see it, a gun.
“Why? After you got what you wanted all the years she was with me. After she was fucking yours? Why would you even consider doing something like this?” I’m trying to stall him to bide my time while I figure out my plan of attack.
“Because she was never actually mine. No matter what I did, I knew she still wanted your stupid fucking ass. She tried to hide it, but I saw right through the act. She fucking married me even when she still wanted you! My fucking business went to shit and it’s all because I didn’t have a good fucking wife to support me. She took everything from me! And now she will fucking pay.” His free hand runs through his hair.
Dan has lost his goddamn mind. He had an investment firm but barely had his clients breaking even and rarely ever had them turning a profit. Everyone left the company and it folded under him about three months ago. The fact that he is putting that shit on Jules is fucking ridiculous. I need to keep him talking though. “How is that her fault? Why didn’t you just ask her for help? You knew she had the money and she would have given it—“
“I didn’t need her to fucking save me! I don’t need to be saved by my wife. All she needed to do was get over your ass and everything would have been just fine!” His voice is getting louder and I am praying that Jules doesn’t hear us and come down here. I can tell he is starting to lose touch with reality by the glazed over look in his eye
You should have just left her then. Divorce her.” I take a step toward him, hoping to get close enough that I can strip the gun from him.
“WHY? So everyone can think I couldn’t hold onto her? I couldn’t make her happy? They would know it was because she couldn’t get over you. Fuck that shit. I would rather be a grieving husband then get divorced and have her end up with you.” I take another step. “Don’t fucking come any closer!” I raise my hands and take a step away from him. “You know what? It is actually pretty fucking perfect you stuck your nose where it doesn’t belong. I was going to have to make this shit look like a break in, but now I have a better idea. Everyone knows that you have been fucking with her. Maybe you came over to talk tonight, she told you to leave, and you just fucking snapped.”
No.
“Maybe you thought if you couldn’t have her no one could. So you shot her dead and then after what you did set in, you killed yourself. Romeo and fucking Juliet.” He raises the gun at me and I immediately drop to the floor hearing the bullet whiz past me. I quickly reach behind me, pulling my gun from the back of my jeans and firing one quick shot to his chest.
Fuck. I know Jules is going to hear what just happened and I need to get the fuck out of here. I reach into his pocket, grabbing his keys and wallet. I run to his car, pulling out of the driveway as quietly and quickly as I can.
What do I do now? I just shot him. Probably fucking killed him.
I’m a murderer.




Alexis Noelle lives in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania with her husband, and three kids. On top a writing career, she is a full-time student and a full-time mom. She loves spending time with her kids, although she has to hide the computer from them when she is writing! She love being active and being outdoors, especially if it involves any kind of shopping.

She has always been passionate about writing. She loves to read romance books and feels like being able to lose yourself in a book is one of the more exciting aspects. The books she loves to read and write will be ones that make you feel for the characters. Ashley believes that you should have an opinion on every character in a book whether you love them, hate them, or think they are up to something.

She also believes that the most important critic is your reader, so she loves to hear from the readers. She want her fans to be open & talk to her about what they want for the characters in the story, and what they would like to see happen.

Twitter - @_alexisnoelle_
Instagram - _alexisnoelle_
Snapchat - alexisnoelle01
Goodreads - http://bit.ly/1vW0nib
Amazon Author Page - http://amzn.to/1D7JIHb
Event Pre-order Form - http://bit.ly/15B6oEG
Paperback Order Form - http://bit.ly/1GVHkcD 




No comments:

Post a Comment